Through her own personal practice Ryan has experienced how challenging it can be to begin the process of meditation. Thoughts like "Am I doing this right?" and "I don't feel anything happening…" are completely normal.
While there is not technically a right or wrong way to begin meditating, it can be helpful to start your journey with assistance from an experienced guide.
Ryan offers guided meditation sessions where she leads you through visual, loving-kindness, and/or mindfulness meditations. Her patient, light-hearted and loving approach allows you to ease into the process, and her curiosity and passion for the practice is contagious.
Ryan's hope is that you will discover a meditation style that is right for you, and develop tools for maintaining a regular practice to support you throughout your life.
Here are just some of the potential benefits of meditation:
- Deepens self-awareness
- Relaxes the nervous system
- Sharpens the mind & increases focus
- Enhances creativity
- Strengthens connection to intuition
- Decreases symptoms of anxiety and/or depression
- Stabilizes moods and helps to develop a more easeful relationship to emotions
- Helps to develop sense of inner peace & stability
- Lowers high blood pressure
- Increases serotonin production that improves mood and behavior
- Generates optimism, self-esteem, confidence, and motivation
- Relieves tension-related pain such as headaches, ulcers, insomnia, & muscle and joint problems
- Improves immune system
- Connects mind, body and spirit
If you have any questions about the process of meditation, are wondering if it is right for you, or are unsure of how to fit it into your daily life, Ryan can help!
Also, check out the Resources page for books and articles and other recommendations related to this topic.